Thread: Scammed by virtual advertiser

Default Scammed by virtual advertiser

Yesterday I was scammed by an advertiser in the Virtual section here, who sent me a revolut link and promptly vanished once payment was made.

I left a review on the scam / fake profile to warn others, but the review has apparently been put on hold.

What is the right process here to warn others of the dodgy profile (it is still up at the moment)? I have reported the fraud to Revolut, reported the business account to WhatsApp, and reported the profile on here too.

2. Default

Hi there,

The review has been put on hold while we investigate and await for the details from both parties involved for our internal investigation (we sent an email requesting more information). You did well to report as well to Revolut. As an adult directory, we do not get involved in the transactions taking place between the parties, but in any case we believe that discretion is necessary until the situation is resolved, for the sake of both parties.

Kind regards,
    Roger.

I no longer have access to the email account I used to sign up here so cannot see any email. I only see a note on my review that is mostly asking irrelevant questions - this was a virtual appointment for a video call - there was no apartment, hotel room etc. I contacted the phone number on the ad by WhatsApp, was given a revolut payment link, forwarded €40 through there at which point the fraudster vanished with my funds without providing any service. I have no screenshots as I deleted all messages related to the interaction.