Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IAmLIAm View Post
    You're right. The moral high ground here is supporting the side that just announced that they will publicly execute innocent abductees and broadcast the murders to the world with sound.

Let's not pretend that any of this is one sided.
    The moral high ground is not supporting atrocities: committed by One side Or the other .

The moral high ground is having a heart / and intellect to see beyond the immediate and

understand what led to this horror .

Terrorism cannot be supported ! State funded terrorism falls in here too .

Less publicity for those , less fanfare when innocent Palestinian civilians / kids are killed Daily

by a neighboring State . Where is the moral high ground ?

Nothing can justify the killing and torture of innocents . Of either side !

What happened is beyond the pale , parading humiliating abusing hurting killing of civilians !

Unforgivable .

No moral high ground there either .

Hamas did not do this on its own . Did not do this with merely Iran’s clandestine support .

There’s more in the back - that anyone should be able to See , but I doubt will ever be acknowledged .

Hamas a pawn . Eager and willing , but nothing more than a pawn .
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

IAmLIAm (10-10-23), Rachel Divine (10-10-23)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Airbusdriver View Post
    The EU was unanimous today in their statement. Every single member State agreed on the text. Furthermore The Irish Department of Foreign Affairs issued their own statement confirming full and total support for the EU position.

The Hamas attack was wrong. Nothing justifies it, not even Israeli injustices. Like the scum who went into the Bataclan in Paris and killed over a hundred people - because they believed it was justified for their cause - it wasn't and it never is.
    So your ok with genocide good man
    Between the IDF and Hamas, the IDF are the bigger terrorist group. But they are backed of course by the US so you'll happily ignore what they do.

4. Default

You're right. The moral high ground here is supporting the side that just announced that they will publicly execute innocent abductees and broadcast the murders to the world with sound.

Let's not pretend that any of this is one sided.
    Neither side has the moral high ground. The EU has ignored what Israel has been doing for years. Now instead of taking a neutral stance on this and advocating for an end to violence they are throwing their weight behind Israel and backing it despite Israel saying it's dealing with animal and will last siege to graza and destroy it from the air.
    EU is backing genocide. It can't be allowed

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Notabot For This Useful Post:

Rachel Divine (10-10-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
    Between the IDF and Hamas, the IDF are the bigger terrorist group. But they are backed of course by the US so you'll happily ignore what they do.
    So your response is to hurl insults. That's really unhelpful in any debate. Nothing justifys the Hamas horror attack on innocent people. Nothing. If you can't respect other people's views then best not to comment here.

Let's keep it civil.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SofiaTheMod For This Useful Post:

IAmLIAm (10-10-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaTheMod View Post
    Let's keep it civil.
    Stephanie,

While I agree with your response to my "moral high ground" post (I didn't think my sarcasm needed to be noted, but maybe it did). I do feel your post referencing "Jewish interests" comes across a bit anti-Semitic (I'm not sure if that was your intent, so I thought I'd let you know how it may be read).

I appreciate the continued discourse on this topic and look forward to reading the opinions of all who care to share in an honest and constructive manner.

Warmest regards,
    Liam
    (I honestly didn't think the last post was pushing the boundaries, hopefully this is better)
    Last edited by IAmLIAm; 10-10-23 at 14:46.
    “I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Dieve View Post
    I'm deeply hurt that you offend kittens and cheese in the same post 😿

No I don't think any of that is right. Hamas are wrong for what they are doing to civilians. But let's not forget what Israel has been doing to Palestinians for decades. How many innocent civilians have Israel killed and the world stood by and watched?. Even now when Israel is leveling apartment blocks killing hundreds of civilians no country is telling them to stop "Every country has a right to defend itself". That also includes Palestine are living in and open prison fighting against genocide of their people. The EU can show sympathy with the victim but for its non elected leader to state the EU is fully behind Israel and its response to the attacks is bang out of order. The EU shouldn't be backing genocide.
    It hasn't been aired on tv, as they dint want us to see. By they, I mean US.

11. Default

QUOTE=Airbusdriver;3904663]So your response is to hurl insults. That's really unhelpful in any debate. Nothing justifys the Hamas horror attack on innocent people. Nothing. If you can't respect other people's views then best not to comment here.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone point out where I hurled an insult?.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Notabot For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (10-10-23)

Reviews

Neither side has the moral high ground. The EU has ignored what Israel has been doing for years. Now instead of taking a neutral stance on this and advocating for an end to violence they are throwing their weight behind Israel and backing it despite Israel saying it's dealing with animal and will last siege to graza and destroy it from the air.
    EU is backing genocide. It can't be allowed
    Have a read of "The Covenant of the Hamas". It's explicit directive is to spread Islam to every square inch of Palestine (and to completely destroy the state of Israel {that fits the actual, text book, definition of genocide; btw). The Covenant also expressly forbids diplomatic negotiation and explicitly calls for Jihad (Holy War) until the directive is met.

Does this justify Israel's actions over the decades? No, but it does add some perspective (I wonder why we can't just sit everyone down and talk this out). The only way Hamas sees this ending is with Israel's complete destruction or it's own. How much responsibility does Hamas shoulder for the death of it's own people (by uncompromising
    and refusing any peace talks) when religious ideology is more important than actual human life?
    Last edited by IAmLIAm; 10-10-23 at 15:25. Reason: I'm going to step out of the room for a bit and not push my luck so I don't end up banned :P
    “I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Dieve View Post
    I'm deeply hurt that you offend kittens and cheese in the same post 😿

Reviews

Have a read of "The Covenant of the Hamas". It's explicit directive is to spread Islam to every square inch of Palestine (and to completely destroy the state of Israel {that fits the actual, text book, definition of genocide; btw). The Covenant also expressly forbids diplomatic negotiation and explicitly calls for Jihad (Holy War) until the directive is met.

Does this justify Israel's actions over the decades? No, but it does add some perspective (I wonder why we can't just sit everyone down and talk this out). The only way Hamas sees this ending is with Israel's complete destruction or it's own. How much responsibility does Hamas shoulder for the death of it's own people (by uncompromising
    and refusing any peace talks) when religious ideology is more important than actual human life?
    How does Israel see this ending?. For how many decades has Israel pushed themselves further and further in Gaza by force? Killing men, women and children. Evicting families and bulldozing towns and moving in their own settlers?. Israel has, warplanes, gunships, tanks, APC, a modern well equipped army everything needed to keep the Palestinian people or "animals" as the Israeli government called them locked up and retreating further and further back into Gaza. Israel are literally committing genocide, is it any wonder Hama's want to wipe out Israel when Israel is literally wiping out the Palestinian people.
    Israel doesn't want peace any more than Hama's and you'd be very Foolish to believe otherwise. This needs to end with Israeli forces out of gaze and a neutral zone set up guarded by UN peacekeepers. But that won't happen because the Israel don't want UN intervention and it's big brother America will ensure the UN won't get involved allowing Israel to do what ever it likes.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to pegmyass85 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (10-10-23)

Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast