Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Disrespecting our President

Michael d, said he was a president for the people he had his chance and blew it, he had an option of not signing it and resign the presidency yet with all his yap and protesting he done through the years he decided to keep his comforts..so fair balls to those that called him a parasite as that's all he is, a government muppet..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to atom For This Useful Post:

Westsidex (30-01-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by atom View Post
    Michael d, said he was a president for the people he had his chance and blew it, he had an option of not signing it and resign the presidency yet with all his yap and protesting he done through the years he decided to keep his comforts..so fair balls to those that called him a parasite as that's all he is, a government muppet..
    is it essential to do both?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Youll have to put that up here im afraid because most of the Irish forget about that and the men who died because of it. I suppose its ok to abuse their legacies though.

Westside.
    Most people couldn't give a shite about some Republican jerk off document.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by nitram View Post
    I watched on the news this evening footage of President Michael D Higgins's running the gauntlet of personal abuse from a group of Anti Water Charges Protesters as he arrived and left a function in Finglas last week and an interview with one of the protesters who tried to justify their actions.
    This is no way for citizens to behave, they vented their anger because he signed the Water bill into law and but there was no legal reason for him to refuse to do so.
    These protesters do nothing more that hurt their own cause with their outright ignorant actions.
    I had sympathy with many of the points they proposed but this action coupled with the confining Joan Burton in her car for almost two hours causes me to rethink that sections of the Anti Water Lobby are now employing bully boy tactics, and logic and reason no longer apply to their thought processes.

What are your thoughts ?
    They are fighting the wrong cause, it,s the USC they should be fighting against.
    They are prob angry with him for signing it into law but I doubt he had much choice.
    It,s the ballot box where people should vent their voice,
    I think the country will be ungovernable after the next election,
    TD,s have made a total cock up

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

Playitsam (29-01-15), xagerate (29-01-15)

Reviews

All the moaners about water charges

If you want water cleaned..then pumped to your house...and then pumped away again and repurified after you use it,...be prepared to pay.
    "Its a basic human right" I hear them say.....So dig a well ,buy a pump and purify it yourself.(No ones stopping you)

All the protests,marchs etc ,yet no one said a word or vented public anger in large numbers about the usc charge which is the one that is really raping the wallets of the countries citizens.

There are those who can pay and don't mind.....fair enough
    There are those who genuinely cant pay.....because other taxes/charges (not a water charge issue) or FORCED unemployment have left them that way.......fair enough
    There are those (the majority of the moaners) who wont pay because its seen as a cut out of their apparent god given right to claim a million other social welfare benefits............bleedin leeches.
    Last edited by xagerate; 29-01-15 at 21:26.

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

Banger (29-01-15), ManHold (01-02-15), Playitsam (29-01-15), willie wacker (29-01-15)

Didn`t Michael D go ape at Regan when he was in Ireland ?
    What goes around comes around I suppose.
    I thought it a bit ironic Varadkar throwing in his tuppence worth considering Paddy Donegan`s "Thundering discrace" remark about Cearbhall O Dalaigh resulting in the then Fine Gael Taoiseach Cosgrave refusing to sack Donegan and the president resigning.
    Last edited by redone7010; 29-01-15 at 21:19.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by redone7010 View Post
    Didn`t Michael D go ape at Regan when he was in Ireland ?
    What goes around comes around I suppose.
    I thought it a bit ironic Varadkar throwing in his tuppence worth considering Paddy Donegan`s "Thundering discrace" remark about Cearbhall O Dalaigh resulting in the then Fine Gael Taoiseach Cosgrave refusing to sack Donegan and the president resigning.
    I don't feel Higgins stance with Reagan on wank foreign policy are equal swaps?
    Is karma how he has the big crib too?
    Last edited by warmcome; 29-01-15 at 21:30.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post
    All the moaners about water charges

If you want water cleaned..then pumped to your house...and then pumped away again and repurified after you use it,...be prepared to pay.
    "Its a basic human right" I hear them say.....So dig a well ,buy a pump and purify it yourself.(No ones stopping you)

All the protests,marchs etc ,yet no one said a word or vented public anger in large numbers about the usc charge which is the one that is really raping the wallets of the countries citizens.

There are those who can pay and don't mind.....fair enough
    There are those who genuinely cant pay.....because other taxes/charges (not a water charge issue) or FORCED unemployment have left them that way.......fair enough
    There are those (the majority of the moaners) who wont pay because its seen as a cut out of their apparent god given right to claim a million other social welfare benefits............bleedin leeches.
    but its not just the water charges, its one of many charges and its just the underhand way they go about doing things and treat the Irish people like dirt,
    look at how much water goes to waste due to leaks and how much the big head guys at Irish Water will cream off in pay and bonuses.
    If it was rolled out fairly and properly then most people would accept it but the Government never do anything fairly or right

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    but its not just the water charges, its one of many charges and its just the underhand way they go about doing things and treat the Irish people like dirt,
    look at how much water goes to waste due to leaks and how much the big head guys at Irish Water will cream off in pay and bonuses.
    If it was rolled out fairly and properly then most people would accept it but the Government never do anything fairly or right
    I said similar...USC etc
    All the more reason why its been proven that its not something that can be provided free, yet underinvested in at the same time.

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (29-01-15)

Practically all the Local Proprty Tax is now going to Irish Water, plus the portion of my income tax, road tax etc. that have always paid for water, so I`ve made my contribution already
    I`m not handing over any more for Denis O Briens meters that most likely will never be used at a cost of 580 million, 50 million and rising for consultants, extra staff to finance Irish Water 100 Euro bribe, or to pay the wages of Tierney (a disaster in any post he`s held) and his well connected cohorts, or financing a company that the ESRI have identified as having 2,000 more staff than is neeeded. plus financing Fine Gael attemps to buy the next general election by using State funds that should be used for the provision of water.
    Last edited by redone7010; 29-01-15 at 21:39.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast