Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GAA 2014 Football Championship.

Reviews

Was completely shocked at the weekend. Mayo - Kerry was decided by a poor referee , simple . Two fantastic teams and an epic battle that we can look forward to seeing again in the coming years , remember cillian o Conner is in his early twenties !

Dublin have showed yet again (it's not their fault ) the standard in Leinster is shocking . Knuos to Donegal but everything went right for them. Best 4 teams in the country , and what I took from the weekend, Is there is not much between them.

Quote Originally Posted by bobten View Post
    Was completely shocked at the weekend. Mayo - Kerry was decided by a poor referee , simple . Two fantastic teams and an epic battle that we can look forward to seeing again in the coming years , remember cillian o Conner is in his early twenties !

Dublin have showed yet again (it's not their fault ) the standard in Leinster is shocking . Knuos to Donegal but everything went right for them. Best 4 teams in the country , and what I took from the weekend, Is there is not much between them.
    They were 5 points down and went in at half time a point to the good. I can explain how everything went right for Donegal, they were simply the best team on the day and Dublin were like boys against men in the second half.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

As an outsider, who saw both games, I must say, Donegal had the easiest of the 2 Semis, as already stated Kerry/Mayo was to influenced by an over Cautious Ref. If I was asked which Team will win in Croker this Year, the odds would Favour Donegal, but Kerry have more options now, Colum Cooper will be on the bench, that gives Kerry one Great option for a 2nd Half Sub
    Last edited by simon2280; 05-09-14 at 14:26.

Quote Originally Posted by HairyPotter View Post
    Dubs were a big letdown today, all we were hearing was all they had to do was show up, who would have thought it.
    Painful to watch, crucified is the only word that springs to mind

On a more positive note, I'm hoping Donegal play a blaster in the final. It would be awesome to see them bring the Sam Maguire up north
    STRONG PEOPLE DON'T PUT OTHERS DOWN, THEY LIFT THEM UP♡♡
    Strong minded, Classy, Intelligent Playmate Back In Town

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Leigha For This Useful Post:

class1driver (06-09-14)

Reviews

If Donegal do it and i think they will Jim will be treated like a king.

Reviews

I really hope Donegal win it. The problem with the Dubs was that they got over hyped after hammering some brutal lenister sides. Everyone including Monaghan fell for it, Donegal didnt. I doubt Mayo or Kerry did either.

Quote Originally Posted by bobten View Post
    I really hope Donegal win it. The problem with the Dubs was that they got over hyped after hammering some brutal lenister sides. Everyone including Monaghan fell for it, Donegal didnt. I doubt Mayo or Kerry did either.
    The real problem for Dublin was that the over hyped "cavalry" they were sending in fresh when games were over to add scores, were all forwards, when they needed defenders to replace those that were being roasted by Donegal, they didn`t have them. Whether the media like it or not, Gaelic football is a game that if you play with 15 forwards, aka Dublin, the day will come when you are found wanting, and no better manager to punish that than Jim Mc Guinness.

what the fuck went wrong for the dubs xxx

Quote Originally Posted by class1driver View Post
    what the fuck went wrong for the dubs xxx
    Simple enough. They seemed to believe the way to play football was with 14 forwards and a keeper on the pitch and the bench packed with more forwards. Seems to be endemic in Dublin GAA at the moment, as their minors are working off the same template (and also beaten by Donegal). Gonna have to rethink that theory now that Donegal have shown just how easy it is to beat them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to redone7010 For This Useful Post:

willieh (22-09-14)

Reviews

I believe Donegal will win but it will be a tight enough game.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 2camp For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast