Thread: Charity revisited.

Blog Entries

Default Charity revisited.

So I says here before that I dotn give to charities because Im topping up a persons bank account and funnily enough, I read the other day that there is this charity or ceo of some good place getting 130,000 per year for doing their good work.

I rest my case,
    Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    So I says here before that I dotn give to charities because Im topping up a persons bank account and funnily enough, I read the other day that there is this charity or ceo of some good place getting 130,000 per year for doing their good work.

I rest my case,
    Westside.

Fair comment.

I give to the St Vincent De Paul local branch. Everyone there is a volunteer and the money is spent locally.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rocker123 For This Useful Post:

client030314 (01-12-13), Deven (01-12-13), Hagane00 (01-12-13), justmeagain (01-12-13), marsbar99 (01-12-13), pigsmickey (02-12-13)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherHeaven View Post
    All the "chuggers" (charity muggers) that are out there accosting us all on the streets that are working for Concern are getting €13 per hour.
    Wouldnt doubt it for second.

Westside.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post

I rest my case,
    Westside.
    I agree with Westside ! ffs.... I never give to any charity collecting on the street etc, just choose a charity/s you want to support and check out there financial statements, you can see what % of your money actually goes to where its meant to go.
    I think any CEO should see the charity they are working for as a vocation, yes of course take a reasonable salary, but should work with the same ethic as say volunteers do
    Come in she said "I'll give you shelter from the storm "

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

pigsmickey (02-12-13)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    I agree with Westside ! ffs.... I never give to any charity collecting on the street etc, just choose a charity/s you want to support and check out there financial statements, you can see what % of your money actually goes to where its meant to go.
    I think any CEO should see the charity they are working for as a vocation, yes of course take a reasonable salary, but should work with the same ethic as say volunteers do
    thats what im getting at. Nothing wrong with taking a reasonable salary but jesus 100,000 plus is far from reasonable. There nearly all at it. FFS there are several well known charity founders who made millions from the charity.

Westside.