Thread: Leo steppin down

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Bureaucratic nonsense.
    Unrealistic building rules
    Frankly insane taxation
    Bureaucratic planning

Makes building the level of housing required impossible.

You can't encourage anyone to do anything by increasing bureaucracy and taxation

We can't afford a housing crash. It's already not viable to build proper affordable homes, pay tax and compete with current prices
    The main criticism I'd have of FG is they were more concerned about out-shinning SF than delivering for people who get up off their arses and pay for everything in this country. They buckled on the co-living developments and now we have thousands of people who might have benefited from them living in hotels instead. The RTB were given more powers and became ever more useless, spending millions on a website that doesn't bloody work. They funded Fr Peter McVerry only for him to be pushing policies which continue to drive down rental supply. They introduced RPZ which are a disaster and actually driving up rents. All of this done, against FG instincts because they were afraid of SF. Taxation rates up over 50% still with the government taking more of people's bonuses than they themselves get. So, yeah, I actually agree with you there.

Only, I don't see anyone who didn't say "this is too much". They all said "this isn't enough". They all want more bureaucracy and more taxation.
    Last edited by Palatine; 21-03-24 at 22:55.