Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Films

Three war movies I watched on Netflix recently -

The Forgotten Battle
    Narvik
    All Quiet On The Western Front (remake)

I recommend them all.

I watched A.Q.O.T.W.F. in English instead of German with English subtitles (Netflix do that automatically which is annoying).
    That was a really great war movie for anyone interested.

2. Default

Arrival. Maybe the smartest sci fi I ever saw, even more than 2001:Space Odyssey.

Carl Weathers has died age 76.

Best known for playing Apollo Creed in Rocky movies.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DannyZuko For This Useful Post:

Corsasport (24-03-24)

5. Default

12 angry men is a banger of a movie.
    Real old but class

Reviews

Finally saw Dune 2 during the week.

Slightly disappointed overall. Looked amazing. There is a 20 minute black and white sequence shot on the Harkonnen home planet that is simply jaw dropping and the set pieces overall are significantly better than the ones in Part 1. Maybe the flat ending contributed to the disappointment. Its very obviously an interlude before the final part of the trilogy but it really didn't help it stand on its own. I think the fact that its a "12s" movie does not help either.

If you enjoyed the first one you will probably enjoy this but it won't convert the unconverted and don't bother seeing unless you've seen the first one.

Next up "the Delinquents"

7. Default

Saw Ford vs Ferrari during the week on Netflix worth a watch

I seen that movie, I thought it was good too.

Reviews

Anybody see McGregor in Roundhouse ? I don't think he'll be following Cillian Murphy collecting an Oscar next year. A complete load of shite.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

Reviews

he just ruined an old classic, its awful, that thick Irish accent of his and his poor acting skills, McGregor aged so badly and them drugs be the end of him, He looks the spit of Ray Winstone now

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Harry68 View Post
    Finally saw Dune 2 during the week.

Slightly disappointed overall. Looked amazing. There is a 20 minute black and white sequence shot on the Harkonnen home planet that is simply jaw dropping and the set pieces overall are significantly better than the ones in Part 1. Maybe the flat ending contributed to the disappointment. Its very obviously an interlude before the final part of the trilogy but it really didn't help it stand on its own. I think the fact that its a "12s" movie does not help either.

If you enjoyed the first one you will probably enjoy this but it won't convert the unconverted and don't bother seeing unless you've seen the first one.

Next up "the Delinquents"
    I enjoyed Dune, still haven't seen Dune 2 but looking forward to it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast