Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Quit smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Sure we're all the same height in the horizontal position !
    no Barney, I thought you said when youre FK Renatha in the horizontal position that your toes were tickling her knees

I read his book in February and haven't smoked since!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Waldav1 For This Useful Post:

Has anyone here given up smoking after many years? If so, how long did withdrawal last for?

A bud a day keeps the doctor away.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DeletedMuser For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Deleted View Post
    Well, since I wrote this post, I am not broke or dead yet, but decided to stop smoking for good. Finishing reading the book &, fingers crossed, will be a non-smoker when we meet Mister

Thanks, it seems possible now as I want to stop smoking like a chimney! Fingers crossed
    I can't wait to finally meet you next week. The anticipation is killing me!!
    We have two lives , the second begins when we realise we only have one .....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrbean76 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Katze View Post
    Has anyone here given up smoking after many years? If so, how long did withdrawal last for?
    Unfortunately smoking is often associated with specific things that we do like having a cup of coffee, pint, after a meal......so for months afterwards these events would bring back an urge. Thankfully the strength of the urge got less over a few months. I was a heavy smoker 60 a day......usually had a cig before I got up in the morning with a cup of coffee....My method over 25 years ago without any aids was to cut down to 10 a day.......this provided long gaps in the day without a cig......then stopped altogether after 4/6 weeks.......Sometimes still dream I am smoking.......definitely a mind thing.......Its far too easy to tell yourself just one more and you will quit - this does not usually work.......good luck with any method you try

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigmango For This Useful Post:

Mrbean76 (10-07-20)

I recommend Allen Carr book. If you embrace the central argument, then the withdrawal pangs are minimal. In fact I have found the withdrawal pangs from lack of punting due to lockdown far harder to contend with. Thankfully that is about to end very shortly.
    Best of luck to all currently battling with the weed addiction.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joblo123 For This Useful Post:

Mrbean76 (13-07-20)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by littlespike View Post
    the only advice I can give is don't start vaping even worse than cigarettes full of chemical's. The only thing I smoke is a pipe twice or three times a day but don't start that either.

I'm sorry but your advice is misinformed at best and harmful at its extremes. Vaping is in no way comparable to smoking. To insinuate that it is disingenuous.

I stopped smoking by using vape tech. I spent three years on various vape devices. It was enough to convince my doctor, who originally told me it was time to quit, that vaping was a viable alternative.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IAmBecomeDerp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IAmBecomeDerp View Post
    I'm sorry but your advice is misinformed at best and harmful at its extremes. Vaping is in no way comparable to smoking. To insinuate that it is disingenuous.

I stopped smoking by using vape tech. I spent three years on various vape devices. It was enough to convince my doctor, who originally told me it was time to quit, that vaping was a viable alternative.
    but the other side of that is that nobody really knows the long term effects of vaping, anything containing chemicals has an inherent risk of some type, probably just as well to try and go cold turkey if possible or a gradual cut down in usage

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DonDraper51 For This Useful Post:

IAmBecomeDerp (14-07-20)

Hooked on the nicotine gum now.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast