Page 83 of 330 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaa

Reviews

Poor poor Mayo. How or where do their supporters get the heart to make the long trip to croker over and over and over again with nothing to show for. Think Lee Keegan should step away along with the entire management team before the championship begins. All too damaged at this stage

Reviews

Kerry were devastating today, red hot favourites for the all-ireland

3. The Following User Says Thank You to huntingdon For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Thats a bit harsh on keegan and mayo. They still have a few of their top players to comeback for the championship. Will they still reach the last 4 in the all ireland series?
    It probably is harsh but I think it's a lot rougher for the supporters living in this reoccurring nightmare of final after final and zero to show for it.. I picked Keegan as he's surely the most senior fella on the team and it's just not worked out for him. So perhaps time to call it a day and give someone fresher and without so many hammerings a chance.. enough is enough

Reviews

Keegan has been in the mayo setup since 2011. And in that time Mayo have won just 4 connacht titles and 1 national league title. That's some poor return considering they're coming out of connacht and his involvement in at least what, 6 all ireland final appearances? He should just let it go as I can't see Mayo winning the all-ireland in 2022 after todays performance

Reviews

I doubt if you're right about the 4 connacht titles. I think it must be alot more. But i would agree that its highly unlikely that they will win the all ireland this year. Probably will have their usual run in it. Maybe a semi final.
    You are right as usual Ketchup. It's 7 Connacht titles for Mayo since 2011 including 5 in a row from 2011 and they've won the last 2. I like the GAA, but not the biggest fan so I did have to check that as it sounded wrong to me also. My county isn't great, but we have a big background with Galway so we follow the Tribesmen.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockerman For This Useful Post:

Rooney2808 (05-04-22)

Reviews

I doubt if you're right about the 4 connacht titles. I think it must be alot more. But i would agree that its highly unlikely that they will win the all ireland this year. Probably will have their usual run in it. Maybe a semi final.
    Oh right.. well if it was 4 connacht titles or even a couple more than that it's still not worth bragging about in a 2 horse race.. they'd gladly swap 10 connacht titles for an all ireland

Reviews

Keegan is a brilliant player, no matter how many All-Irelands he's lost I'd still want him in my team!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rooney2808 For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (05-04-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney2808 View Post
    Keegan is a brilliant player, no matter how many All-Irelands he's lost I'd still want him in my team!
    There's no question he has been a brilliant servant.. he's around 5 all stars to prove that.. just saying time to move on, with a few more after Sunday.. give a new generation a crack at it

Reviews

All for giving young blood a chance to come through but they're big boots to fill. Do they have anyone capable of stepping in to take his place?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rooney2808 For This Useful Post:

Rockerman (05-04-22)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney2808 View Post
    All for giving young blood a chance to come through but they're big boots to fill. Do they have anyone capable of stepping in to take his place?
    Well if you were from ballina or castlebar, would you fork out again nin cooker Park to look at keegan and co being humiliated? Whats the definition of insanity again?