Page 536 of 665 FirstFirst ... 36436486526534535536537538546586636 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 6646

Thread: football

Reviews

Ah Jaysus Barney, don’t be so sensitive, I was not having a dig at forest at all, although I think you will admit they are hardly serial winners of trophies and would never based on their relative success have hundreds of thousands of followers in Ireland.

My point was that if more Irish supporters followed teams who have enjoyed limited success they might be more realistic in their expectations. I would prefer to see the Ireland try to play attractive football and not qualify than play the rubbish we saw under Martin O’Neill when we qualified for Poland and were embarrassed in tournament games. That is why I moan about negative Moyes at West Ham, I would much prefer to see them play the game, if zi craved ‘success’ I would have gone and followed one of the rich teams years ago and probably changed to city in the last ten years.

Once again, no offence intended lol

Keep quiet you !

Have the Hammers 2 European Cups ? I don't think so ![/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Privet View Post
    I agree, it looks like it is already decided, if so, why put the man through a last night, just appoint an interim for last nights game. He came across as a decent human being to me, maybe that is what makes him not a top notch manager as there are not many you would call that with their egos.

I know results have not been good but compared to the rubbish football we have watched for the last twenty years I have enjoyed watching them play the game the way it should be played.

In general, Irish fans follow successful premiership teams and so have unreasonable expectation of success, maybe if more followed Nottingham Forest or West Ham they would have more reasonable expectations lol

]Yes i would agree ryan. He wouldn't have been that emotional otherwise.
    [/QUOTE]
    Yes i would agree with you that the way we play is far easier watch now but at the end of the day its a result based business. I also think the fai should have made an announcement earlier. Let the man know one way or another, they were quick enough to appoint him the same day as they appointed mick. Ya he's a decent man but maybe just out of his depth at international level. Thats my opinion anyway.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ketchup2023 For This Useful Post:

Privet (22-11-23), Ryankelvin (22-11-23)

Reviews

Ah Jaysus Barney, don’t be so sensitive, I was not having a dig at forest at all, although I think you will admit they are hardly serial winners of trophies and would never based on their relative success have hundreds of thousands of followers in Ireland.

My point was that if more Irish supporters followed teams who have enjoyed limited success they might be more realistic in their expectations. I would prefer to see the Ireland try to play attractive football and not qualify than play the rubbish we saw under Martin O’Neill when we qualified for Poland and were embarrassed in tournament games. That is why I moan about negative Moyes at West Ham, I would much prefer to see them play the game, if zi craved ‘success’ I would have gone and followed one of the rich teams years ago and probably changed to city in the last ten years.

Once again, no offence intended lol

Keep quiet you !

Have the Hammers 2 European Cups ? I don't think so !
    [/QUOTE]

No offence taken Privet at all, I was only jesting.

Just had to reply as the 2 teams you mentioned were the Hammers and Forest.

Forest, the only team to have more European Cups than domestic titles!

Nowadays I'm happy if they stay up in the top flight, they were away long enough.
    Are we there yet ?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Reviews

[
    Great team back then and a great watch, clough and Taylor were some team also and clough with his green top and all QUOTE=Barney Rubble;4003383][/QUOTE]

No offence taken Privet at all, I was only jesting.

Just had to reply as the 2 teams you mentioned were the Hammers and Forest.

Forest, the only team to have more European Cups than domestic titles!

Nowadays I'm happy if they stay up in the top flight, they were away long enough.[/QUOTE]

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Privet For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (22-11-23), Ryankelvin (22-11-23)

Reviews

Yeah I would agree that he was out of his depth ok, hope the new person de elopes the players and does not result to we are only good enough to play long ball style

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Privet For This Useful Post:

Ketchup2023 (22-11-23), Ryankelvin (22-11-23)

Argentina beat brazil 1-0 in a world cup qualifier last night. It was the first time ever that brazil lost a home qualifier. Otamendi scored the goal. There must have been trouble in the stands before the game and police charged at the argentina supporters.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ketchup2023 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Did he play with city once upon a time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup2023 View Post
    Argentina beat brazil 1-0 in a world cup qualifier last night. It was the first time ever that brazil lost a home qualifier. Otamendi scored the goal. There must have been trouble in the stands before the game and police charged at the argentina supporters.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Privet For This Useful Post:

Ketchup2023 (22-11-23), Ryankelvin (22-11-23)

So its official, bert is gone. The fai confirm that they wont renew his contract. So much for them not meeting until next week, obviously they had decided before last nights game. Bye bye bert.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ketchup2023 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (22-11-23), Privet (22-11-23), Ryankelvin (22-11-23)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup2023 View Post
    So its official, bert is gone. The fai confirm that they wont renew his contract. So much for them not meeting until next week, obviously they had decided before last nights game. Bye bye bert.
    All for the best .
    Unfortunately things haven’t been good enough.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

Ketchup2023 (22-11-23), Privet (22-11-23)

Did he play with city once upon a time ?
    yes thats him. He scored with their only shot on target. Must have been a niggly game, joelinton got sent off.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ketchup2023 For This Useful Post: