Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Conclusion of Meeting with Minister

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    I should know by the end of the week when a bill will be introduced.
    i am gambler. its a certainty to be introduced......if i am wrong i shall leave EI and never return......but im rarely wrong
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (18-11-14)

Remember what Churchill said about Hitler in World War II we will fight them in the trenches we will fight them on the beaches we will never surrender..................

The fight hasn't started yet and we guys need to get organised.......

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    Very interesting point we are highly reliant on foreign investment (absurdly so TBH!) and executives from abroad working here with multi nationals are likely to be even more interested in accessible female company than the average Paddy and if it's difficult to get it may have an adverse effect economically!

Even today's Daily Mail agrees with that

"
    One in nine British men have paid for sex, according to a new study.
    And the likeliest to do so are 25 to 34-year-old single men in managerial or professional occupations, and those who have had a high number of partners."

Mmmm-hmm

Didn't realise things were so far advanced this is getting like Belfast!!!!

6. Default

No, I didn't know about this Caithriona but I think you and the other ladies are doing great work.

I acknowledge you all and am very grateful indeed for all your efforts.

7. Default

Oh Fuck! Worst news I have heard all week

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Larrii View Post
    Even today's Daily Mail agrees with that

"
    One in nine British men have paid for sex, according to a new study.
    And the likeliest to do so are 25 to 34-year-old s
    And the other 8 are liars ����
    Last edited by Nicole; 20-11-14 at 11:07. Reason: fixed quote

Catriona, just a quick note to say thank you very much to you and all the other girls for doing this it took nerve and not many would do this you are to be praised and ac knowledged and we all need to lend more support to you I believe

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alpha Male For This Useful Post:

Larrii (23-11-14)

11. Default

Can we support you with this?

If so How?

I am willing.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    Some of you are aware that yesterday I went with a couple of other girls to see Minister Frances Fitzgerald, unfortunately she wasn't interested in listening to our concerns. She thinks it's more important to send a message that you "can't buy girls" rather than to give us safe working conditions as making it difficult to work will prevent people from joining the industry. She didn't want to make sex buying "norminative".

She wanted to make sure people had access to services and doesn't want the new law to prevent that from happening. I tried to push the New Zealand model which has seen reduced demand and also creates a safer working environment.

Generally she was rather patronising of our opinions and wasn't going to budge on the issue as you know sex workers lives are something worth throwing under the bus to send some empty message.
    You might like this article on message sending and the conscience of the minister: http://anna-human-trafficking-irelan...ntius-pilates/

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast