Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: this is a strange country.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HonestJosephine View Post
    More detail pretty please.
    Was it a mix of coins and they had to sort through them which shoudn't take too long and as they have machines to count coins should be easy enough.
    Did you nearly break your arm carrying a few £100 in coins?
    it was 120 in coins and all counted and in bags for her. I couldnt be arsed looking for those machines.

Westside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.xx View Post
    I had similar situation and can confirm - strange attitude. I understand, there is a time involved to count that cash, but FFS it's not they do it manually anymore!
    I never bother again. I go to Tesco, where the checkouts are newest ones, with the drawer-like coins input slot, throw what I have, often more than the bill is and pay for my shopping and get change in notes.
    All she did was threw it up on a scales ffs and thats all that was needed. I felt like telling her to jump on the scales while she is at it cause she was a big mamma ya know.

Westside.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Alex.xx (25-07-14)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steve6304 View Post
    I have to say that I know what you mean, the banks seem to offer less services as time goes on, my Bank now only offers counter service on certain days ?? Bank charges are absolutely ridiculous and cheques are soon to be stopped, I pity anyone who cannot use a PC as very soon EVERYTHING will be online, yes, Banks piss me off............
    they dont want people to come in anymore. The whole business area is heading that way. No more dealing one to one with people. Thats what they want but its not as simple as that. No wonder they are loosing money. You get nothing but fuck ups if you dont deal directly with problems.

Westside.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Conrad de Montferrat (26-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    so my brother leaves the country and says to me to go and change a load of coins he saved and its all mine. So far so good. Nice of him, for a change. so I go to the bank and hand them the stuff and they are like ,"oh no" and all that jazz. I asks am I in the right place? A bank? WTF did they expect from me? Order a pizza? Its a fuckin bank for christs sake. A weird country this is.

take out your mortgage with us and get your free balaclava,
    Westside.
    I had a similar experience 2 years ago. I usually don't go to the bank as I do everything online but since that day I make sure I collect all my coins and bring them to the bank every 2 or 3 months just to piss them off. Great fun

I said I'd be there in 5 minutes. Quit calling me every half hour !!!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Olmatz For This Useful Post:

Alex.xx (25-07-14), Conrad de Montferrat (26-07-14)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olmatz View Post
    bring them to the bank every 2 or 3 months just to piss them off. Great fun
    yep thats what im doing. I counting up more over the weekend and bringing them next week.

Westside.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by adamski View Post
    Yes strange country with even stranger people one American guy once told me

There's irony for you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Banger For This Useful Post:

willieh (25-07-14)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HonestJosephine View Post
    That must have taken a lot of time to do manually and then someone was rude to you, that is not good.
    Not really. Just count up one row and put it on a flat surface and then make rows all the same height for as many as each bag allows.

Westside.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Not really. Just count up one row and put it on a flat surface and then make rows all the same height for as many as each bag allows.

Westside.
    thats the way i count it,, mount it up on top of one another to you get the right amount to stuff the bag, sometimes you get a humpy coin and can throw you off abit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12