Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday.... Jimmy Page!

Thumbs up Happy Birthday.... Jimmy Page!

It is hard to believe, but today is the 70th birthday of one of Rock and Roll's greatest icons, Sir Jimmy Page!

Page was born in Heston, Middlesex this day in 1944, and he has a number of outstanding achievements as a singer, songwriter and record producer and has played in bands including The Yardbirds, The Firm, Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes, but of course is better known as the front man for the amazing Led Zeppelin!

Page is renowned for playing his double-necked Gibson EDS-1275 during his live performances, dubbed as 'the coolest guitar in rock' according to www.gigwise.com:

There is no doubt, and it is cliché to say, but Page is a legend
    Last edited by samlad; 09-01-14 at 11:27.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

busy babe18 (10-01-14), client030314 (09-01-14), Clyde (09-01-14), Jiberjabber (10-01-14), ocred (09-01-14)

Reviews

Legend 'he came over to Ireland a few years ago to lecture in UCC and nobody knew until he was back in England.
    Last edited by stringfurtcool; 09-01-14 at 11:45.

Reviews

Good one there Sam.

I heard on the radio at the gym last night that yesterday was David Bowie's Birthday. I guess the great ones come in clusters!

Quote Originally Posted by Cable87 View Post
    Good one there Sam.

I heard on the radio at the gym last night that yesterday was David Bowie's Birthday. I guess the great ones come in clusters!
    Yes, you are correct. I found out too late

Quote Originally Posted by Barry White View Post
    An absolute legend. It's a pity that he seems to have gotten lazy in his old age. Outside of the Zeppelin reunion and the It Might Get Loud film he's not been very busy for quite a while now. Robert Plant seems to have hit a real purple patch in the last few years and always comes out with interesting work. John Paul Jones produces some very odd material, but is still a very active and challenging musician. Jimmy Page?
    Lazy? The dude is 70

The man is an absolute legend one of the greatest artists ever.
    Who loves ya baby......!!

Reviews

Rock legend!

Happy Birthday u are a star!
    Busty babe 19 year old,lovely natural tits,naughty out going babe,here for short time.Give me a ring and book me wile you can.I am touring,so don not miss me as i always stay max one week in the same town.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barry White View Post
    Plant is of similar vintage, ditto John Paul Jones, they're still knocking albums out and touring. I see your point about his age, I just think that its a shame that he's done fuck all for the last fifteen years or so.
    In fairness though Jimmy was more accomplished than most musicians are in a lifetime before he even started Zeppelin. He was always the more prolific of the band back then too. I agree that it's a shame though, the man is fascinating to say the least. If I could play half as good I'd never put my guitar down.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast