Thread: nhs bans smokers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default nhs bans smokers

the nhs is banning smokers unless they promise to quit and do a course, for minor treatments,

bascailly a guy who smoked ten a day had begin growth on his face, which was refused removal because he smoked

this man has payed into nhs and pays tax on tobocco

they also banned overweight people form hip knee etc surgeries until they loose weight, to me thats fair as its a health complication directly to the surgery, but how does someone loose the weight when there unable to move around while needing a joint replacement?
    but if your too heavy to surive surgery completely different matter

cutting a growth off doesnt really matter if you smoke or not

do you think this is right?
    or is this a creation of a nanny state?

i mean if i was paying into a system, and paying tax i wud expect treatment, or simple expect not to pay for system that didnt treat me

plus both in ireland and the uk, if we all stopped smoking, our health serivce budget wud be down alot,

the tax we pay does cover the cost of smokers to both health serivces

http://www.dailymail...omise-quit.html

if the hse refused to treat smokers what you say? of course we pay for most things here so its much different, but what we do get, like if we admitted to hoisptal as a public patient, what if a smoker is denied that, a tax paying one paying prsi, which gets the majority of us fuck all as we pay for nearly everything here anyway
    Last edited by saoirsemac; 29-09-13 at 08:36.
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure