Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angelina jolie has double mastectomy.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    well she buys all her kids so far so no big difference to her now
    ah I thought she was getting her ovaries removed

didnt fully read it or check what a matectomy is, so in that case thats a very brave thing to do, but at the same time Im sure she can afford an amazing set of fake ones to replace them, the best of the best too. but why announce it to the world if so
    if I was her Id do it in private and no one would know

Very brave decision for someone so well known and in the public eye to have to make.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to skyliner For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (14-05-13)

didnt fully read it or check what a matectomy is, so in that case thats a very brave thing to do, but at the same time Im sure she can afford an amazing set of fake ones to replace them, the best of the best too. but why announce it to the world if so
    Raise awareness ? Help other women dealing with same issue ?? (and btw, men also get breast cancer !!!)

My Mom died of breast cancer at the age of 47. She was diagnosed at 43, when the cancer already metastasized (spread).

I watched her very slow and agonizing death for four years, when I was just a kid. So this is an issue that hits close to home for me --

yet, preventative mastectomy is a very drastic measure, and seeing that in modern society breasts are indelibly part of a woman's

sexuality, having them removed as a preventative measure is a very difficult decision to make.

Without doubt, it is the right decision for some people.

Publicity etc aside, I think it is brave of her to come out and state it publicly, therefore -- possibly -- saving other women's lives..
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

bluefan1 (14-05-13), skyliner (14-05-13), thewren (14-05-13)

Reviews

Who is she?

as steph said awareness

someone may be in her position feel isolated and alone, and read her story, people in a way look up to celebs,
    it shows even they get ill, also

look at jade goody, how many lifes did her public illness save? people think it wont happy too u, but when it happens to a public figure it becomes more real,

jade goody did alot of good with her going so public, and so will this more women shud be tested for that gene,
    the fact she has been tested, gotten the bad result, had the op and fighting fit looking good now, wont make it so scary aswell

i think fair play too her, she a private person, she only goes public with things, to do good, and this will

also breast may be a public thing to loose, but bare in mind removing ur ovaries is just as bad, its part of been women
    and cant be reconstructed,
    Last edited by saoirsemac; 14-05-13 at 13:25.
    ********************THE WHORIN AND TOURING NEWS************************
    no more news thats all folks, it was a pleasure

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saoirsemac For This Useful Post:

sharkskin (14-05-13), Stephanie (14-05-13)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Raise awareness ? Help other women dealing with same issue ?? (and btw, men also get breast cancer !!!)

My Mom died of breast cancer at the age of 47. She was diagnosed at 43, when the cancer already metastasized (spread).

I watched her very slow and agonizing death for four years, when I was just a kid. So this is an issue that hits close to home for me --

yet, preventative mastectomy is a very drastic measure, and seeing that in modern society breasts are indelibly part of a woman's

sexuality, having them removed as a preventative measure is a very difficult decision to make.

Without doubt, it is the right decision for some people.

Publicity etc aside, I think it is brave of her to come out and state it publicly, therefore -- possibly -- saving other women's lives..
    Well said...you know my story....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bluefan1 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (14-05-13)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12