Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nct

Default Nct

I have a problem. My NCT is up the end of the month (March) but the nearest date I can get at the test centre is the end of May.

Can I still drive the car if I book the test even though the NCT has expired

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrKinky For This Useful Post:

BlondeRaquel (19-03-13)

No you can't. Rachels car was took off her, with a load of my shopping bag's in the boot. That was an expensive day.....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SophieX For This Useful Post:

MrKinky (19-03-13)

Crap. I though I could just book it and get a date a few week later, not wait over 2 months

Reviews

technically, you can drive it. Legally you cannot, if you are caught, you can be prosecuted. Maybe you can contact the nct organisation and try to arrange a bump up in your date, usually if treated properly on the phone, reasonable requests can be dealt with satisfactorially
    Last edited by jizrag; 19-03-13 at 16:58.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrKinky View Post
    I have a problem. My NCT is up the end of the month (March) but the nearest date I can get at the test centre is the end of May.

Technically no. Also your insurance wont be valid. Having said that, i was stopped by the garda when mine had expired.I showed them the text the NCT send u to confirm the booking, they were satisfied with that and let me go

Reviews

cant remember the last time my car had nct , it must be a new rule to take da car off ya with no nct

Reviews

Phone them & request an appointment within 28 days, if they cant provide an appointment within 28 days your test is free(I think you are allowed 2 postponements). They will fit you in within the 28 days, they don't like giving free appointments. The guards can take the car off you, but I think this is unlikely if the car is taxed, insured & well maintained, and you have a test booked.
    Last edited by longtipp; 19-03-13 at 17:10.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SophieX View Post
    No you can't. Rachels car was took off her, with a load of my shopping bag's in the boot. That was an expensive day.....
    I saw a photo of a Gard the other week with a g string on his head in some bar.............The jigsaw is now complete

Reviews

The insurance validity argument is only valid if the car is unsafe & uncertified imo.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrKinky View Post

yes you can.
    once you make a booking they will send you a e mail and a text to your phone if you are stoped by the guards you just show them the text message that you are booked in and you will be alright.

it is not your falt the NCT center has a back log and you can not be held responcble for it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to name is buck For This Useful Post:

MrKinky (19-03-13)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast